Monday, January 17, 2011

Getting Organized!

Hi Everyone!

I didn't want you to think that I had abandoned my blog. During the busy holidays it became evident that I am going to be tight on time. And I need to be organized to be creative. If my room is a mess, so am I!

I decided that for me to participate in the challenges and share those creations on my blog I should be better organized. I started by unmounting ninety percent of my stamps. It hurt at first, but I got over it very quickly. After tossing two garbage bags full of wooden blocks I now have room for more stamps!!! And I kept a whole box full of the wooden blocks for the grandkids to play with.

The next step was to find a way to get my cards completed faster? So, I reorganized all my paper. Then I decided on two or three color combinations to work with. I keep the paper (color combos only) and all the co-ordinating embellishments next to my work area for easy reach. Of course I spent one afternoon shopping for more paper and matching embellishments!

Now you have a quick update on what I've been doing. I've got a card I'm finishing up and will be posting it soon. In the mean time, I'd love to hear any ideas you have for getting those cards finished a little faster. Have a great day! - Jane, the Polka Dot Gypsy

No comments: