CG115 Floral Thank You (Hero Arts)
(A) Black – 6” X 12” Card (folded to 6” square)
(B) Light Teal – 5 ¾” Square
(C) Print* - 5 ½” Square
(D) Red – 4” X 5 ½”
(E) Cream – 1 ¼” X 5 ½”
(F) Black – 3 ¾” X 4 ½”
(G) Stripe* - 3 ½” X 4 ¼”
Scraps of C, E and Green Print** cardstock
*October Afternoon Thrift Shop Collection – Needs Paint
VersaMark Ink (Tsukineko)
Vanilla Embossing Powder (Stampin’ Up!)
Broken China Distress Ink (Ranger)
Scallop Edge Punch (Stampin’ Up!)
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Provo Craft)
Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (EK Success)
Emboss scraps of cardstock for the layered pieces.
Stamp and emboss the main image onto black cardstock with VersaMark Ink. Cover with vanilla embossing powder, tap off excess and heat to emboss. Cut out the embossed image. Set aside.
Stamp and emboss one small cream flower, one small print flower, one large cream flower, one large print flower and the six leaves. Cut around the embossed images and set aside.
|Embossed Images - Used for Layering Technique|
1. Distress edges of C and G with Broken China Distress Ink. Stitch around edges. Set aside.
2. Attach pieces B and C to card front A. Set aside.
3. Score vertical lines at ¼” intervals on panel D as shown. Set aside.
|Panel D - Scored Vertical Lines|
4. Use the Scallop edge punch to create the scallop edge on cream strip E.
5. Place strip E inside embossing folder with scallop edge extending about ¼” above edge of folder as shown. Feed through Cuttlebug to emboss.
6. Place the straight edge of strip E against the edge of the Scor-Buddy (right side of embossed strip down). Score a line from edge to edge at the ¾” measurement.
7. Attach embossed strip E 1/8” below top edge of panel D.
8. Wrap ribbon along the top edge of piece D and secure ribbon to back.
10. Attach pieces F,G and the main embossed image to center of the layered card. Attach with Pop Dots
11. Layer the flowers onto the main image with Pop Dots.